Monday, May 7, 2007

Thanks Again For Sticking Around...

Change sucks.

My inner-Milwaukeean chants that mantra over and over again--I like things the way they are, and if I don't, I don't use/touch/talk to/hang around them.

Our happy little radio chuckle hut is getting more than its share of change lately, and I want to thank those of you who've stayed with us during this long, winding journey.

We had the year-long sendoff of our beloved Bob Reitman, and then, three months later, the depature of Amy Taylor. Both deserve the lives they want: Reitman's retirement is well earned, and he left at the top of his game. Amy's choice was admittedly abrupt but impossible to challenge--who's going to argue with a mom who wants to stay home with triplets in their formulative years?

That leaves Gino and me to hold the fort, with the talented Jenna Mueller filling in. We're glad to have her, and I thank you for the comments you sent in both via this blog and on mueller@wkti.com. They're overwhelmingly positive toward Jenna, and we've relayed what you've said to her, altho the woman remains virtually IMPOSSIBLE to compliment. She dismisses almost every one of the valentines sent her way the past week--usually figuring that the writer is a relative or close friend.


No one likes their morning routines disrupted--be it someone leaving the cap off the toothpaste, burning thru all the hot water, or goofing with their a.m. radio cohorts. We've been blessed to have been a relatively steady ship for almost a quarter of a century, and we who remain thank you for your continued support.

Again, I ask that you send your thoughts to us as we work through the transition. Tell me what you like and what you think should go by writing me at mueller@wkti.com. I'll share the knowledge with my colleagues and, yes, even with management, even if you're doing a rip-job.

And, I'll pass the compliments on to Jenna, alto I'm sure she won't take kindly to them.

1 comment:

angela marie said...

Jenna. Learn to accept a compliment, woman. :)

I still love listening to you guys, though with me working less, I don't get that 'morning drive' thing too much anymore. I miss Hollywood Hotdish. You guys gave me one to auction off last year at our colon cancer fundraiser and it was so much fun. Bob's daughter Jessica is a friend here in West Bend and she offered to get another one for us this year until we both realized (a little late) that you don't do it anymore.

Damn changes. **smirk**