Friday, April 27, 2007

Tailights...

She's gone.

Anyone wondering what happened behind the scenes this morning as Amy Taylor did her final show just needed to have a radio on, because what you heard on the air was truly what was going down when the mikes were off.

There were the girls--Tess, Jillian and Chloe--all in matching outfits, playing in the studio and alternating laps between Amy and husband Jason.

There were tons of phone calls, wishing Amy the best as she starts a new life as a full time mom.

There were fellow employees stopping by for hugs and laughs, except, of course, for WTMJ's John Jagler who got Amy to finally break down and cry--mark the time: 8:41 , after nearly three hours of dry eyes.

And, much as I did when Reitman walked out the door for the last time in December, I had nothing but good feelings for a fellow colleague who's leaving the business on their own terms. That simply doesn't happen very often in broadcasting, where, as with baseball managers, you're hired to be fired.

Watching Amy and family walk down the hall toward their new life fills me with nothing but good thoughts for a young family heading to better places.

There's no back story--Amy's heart is truly what's drawing her away from us. I will certainly miss our daily chats, but then again, SHE'S NOT DEAD! We can still meet, talk and, without mikes around, swear like Longshoremen.

Best of luck, Amy, Jason, Tess, Jillian and Chloe. Hope you'll still listen, but I'll understand if you want to sleep in.

...as if THAT'S gonna happen with triplets.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hadn't even realized that Amy Taylor was leaving until I turned on my radio this morning to hear all of the goodbyes. She was a force that grew over the years, matching wits with you, Reitman, Gino, and even Brian Hausten (sp?). It will be sad to turn on my radio come Monday and not hear her voice on 'KTI. Please send my best to Amy and her family, that the rewards that she will get from spending time with her girls full-time will be well worth the sacrifice of leaving broadcasting.

Anonymous said...

What is going to happen at KTI in the morning now? Call me a Milwaukeean, but I miss the old show. Something tells me a BIG change is brewing.... :-/

Anonymous said...

I really miss her. :( Her wit and sarcasm will be tough to match. I hope you can find someone that can come close...she was really the perfect addition to you & Gino in the AM.