Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Only Funny If You Saw the Movie...


I haven't seen a gladiator movie since, well, the late '60's when I'd be at my counsin's house on a late Sunday afternoon and Channel 6 would run all the classics. My taste for such atrophied with age.
Until "300".
It's the kind of movie I never would've caught on my own, but my 16 year old son insisted we catch it (plus, he needed a parent to get under the ratings fence).
Glad I did.
It's bloody, violent, over the top, to be sure, but also very easy on the eyes with a compelling story based in fact. It's some really good movie making, and a lot of the country apparently agrees--my showing was packed and the film knocked down tens of millions in staying in the top five for several weekends.
All that said, the above fictional "300" trailer is hilarious--only if you saw the movie itself. Enjoy.

No comments: