Thursday, April 12, 2007

Does He Have Matching Shoes For His New Pink Slips?





I guess we won't have Don Imus to kick around anymore--at least, until he's on the bird.


CBS completes his emasculation by firing him this afternoon--MSNBC cut him loose earlier this week, meaning that, as of now, he no longer has a national platform.


I'm guessing it's just a matter of time until he inks a satellite deal, allowing him to operate untethered to a global audience. That's one way around those messy F.C.C. regs and all those ears, waiting for you to step on your own you-know-what.


It's working well for Howard Stern, Opie and Anthony, and any other number of performers who are now free to do what they want in front of a mike. You get to hear it, if you're willing to pay.


You can scroll down and read my previous takes on the I-man--in a word, I wish he would've come back so the free market could've decided his fate: listeners, guests, advertisers. The latter already voted with their feet, fleeing Imus as if her were...what, radioactive?


I've also broken bad on the Reverends Sharpton and Jackson, who also made verbal missteps in the past yet somehow seem to be given credibility as the unelected leaders of the maltreated and racially oppressed.


I've scoured the wires, reading all I could on the Imus situation while trying to find someone who was saying something that I haven't heard/seen anywhere else. Then, a buddy sent me the following, written by K.C. columnist Jason Whitlock. I think he is, as the British say, "spot on" on several fronts.


Read it, and weigh in.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw him on the Today show also and he is 100% correct, although I think Imus was way out of line, but he is not the problem.