Monday, April 9, 2007

Sanjaya Gets Me to Cry "Uncle"





My "Surrender Sanjaya" push isn't getting any traction.


None.


Nada.


Zip.


In fact, as incredible as it seems, Sanjaya is getting sympathy, if not momentum. Haters might even beat their swords into plowshares after reading the following piece.







I don't hear the talent, but I DO agree that the judges created Sanjaya, and that they're now stuck with him. And, I also don't think legions of "Idol" haters are beating their phone fingers bloody trying to discredit the show at the behest of Howard Stern and other evildoers. There are better things to do. Video games and sleeping come to mind.


The planet won't stop spinning on it's axis if Sanjaya wins. Or, even if he cracks the top five. He probably is a shoe-in for a record deal already, simply because he's cute and can kinda carry a tune. And, as the father of a soon-to-be 17 year old, I'm all in favor of any teenager having a paying job.


So, I guess I'll put a bullet in my "Surrender Sanjaya" push. Instead, I'll devote my energies to a more noble cause: continuing the "Idol" candidacy of Haley Scarnato.


Because she's a great singer, of course.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Gene. Let's just stop talking about him. It's getting old.

Anonymous said...

Me, too. UNCLE!!!!

Anonymous said...

I just blogged today that I have officially given up on this show - because I can't stand that HALEY will continue to be on just because she's HOT (I don't even bother commenting on Sanjaya). Blake would be the ONLY one that I would release an album that I would consider buying. Though LaKisha and Belinda are great singers, I don't think they would sell as many albums as Blake. Or...maybe I'm just dumb!!!