Monday, March 19, 2007

Where Are They Now? Terry Tate, Office Linebacker


Where did you go, Terry Tate?
There are still people taking the last cup of coffee without putting on a new pot.
There are still co-workers taking office supplies home.
And you were there, to make sure they got their just deserts.
I thought the Office Linebacker ads were some of the greatest ever aired--they got the ultimate compliment at work, where we'd gather around someone's terminal to watch the long versions of the spots, laughing uncontrollably even though we knew what was coming.
And just like that, they were gone.
I thought Reebok struck gold with number 56, and figured he'd be part of the landscape for years, but, then again, I thought the Miller Lite "Man Law" spots were destined to a long haul, too. Then, the marketing people pulled the plug, saying that while they were entertaining, they weren't moving enough "merch". Lord knows I did my part.
Then again, maybe that's why Reebok yanked Terry Tate. I remember laughing a helluva lot at the Office Linebacker's exploits, even looking for one of his jerseys to buy on the web.
I don't remember buying any Reeboks.
Read more about what happened to the man who brought Terry Tate to life , including the fact he might've been a Green Bay Packer, at:
And, here's the best of Terry, as per YouTube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious! How did I miss these in 2003? I've worked in a few offices where we needed a Terry Tate!