Sunday, February 11, 2007

THIS Is A Tuna Can--THIS Is A Hockey Puck...




Like a tree falling in the woods, the pro football season officially ended last night but few, if any, heard/saw it happen. The annual Pro Bowl needs to go the way of functioning nipples on men and just fade away.


Baseball, on the other hand, starts it's annual midwinter stir in Arizona and Florida. Sadly, it's a long drive to the nearest Cactus and Grapefruit League park.


What's someone to do on a dreary winter night?


Try hockey. The Milwaukee Admirals put on a great show in a premier facility that's built for the game. It's easy to learn--"icing" isn't rocket science, and "offside" in hockey is a helluva lot easier to get that it is in your kid's soccer league.
Here's a great site to learn the basics: http://www.nashvillepredators.com/pu/index.html

The price is right and, if nothing else, it's a good excuse to check out some new downtown hot-spots.

Plus, did I mention my favorite part of hockey? TWO 15 minute halftimes!


(In the interest of full disclosure, the writer has many friends who work in the Admirals front office, and is the godfather of the son of the team's V-P of marketing. No one is putting me up to this--it's merely part of my hockey missionary work. It's my goal to expose as many people to hockey as I can in my remaining time on earth. Some people cure disease...I create puck fever.)

No comments: